This five-day course will teach you advanced skills for configuring and maintaining a highly available and scalable virtual infrastructure. Through a mix of lecture and hands-on labs, you will configure and optimize the VMware vSphere® 6.7 features that build a foundation for a truly scalable infrastructure, and you will discuss when and where these features have the greatest effect. This course will deepen your understanding of vSphere and how its advanced features and controls can benefit your organization.
Target audience: Experienced system administrators, system engineers, and system integrators
You must complete one of the following prerequisites:
- Understanding of concepts presented in the VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.7] course
- Equivalent knowledge and administration experience with ESXi and vCenter Server
- Experience with working at the command line is highly recommended.
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Configure and manage vSphere networking and storage for a large and sophisticated enterprise
- Use VMware vSphere® Client™, VMware vSphere® Web Client, and VMware vSphere® ESXi™ Shell to manage vSphere
- Create a content library for deploying virtual machines
- Use VMware vSphere® Auto Deploy™ and host profiles to provision VMware ESXi™ hosts and manage ESXi host compliance
- Monitor and analyze key performance indicators for compute, storage, and networking resources for ESXi hosts
- Optimize the performance of ESXi and VMware vCenter Server®
- Harden the vSphere environment against security threats
- Encrypt virtual machines for additional security
Certification: This course prepares you for the following certification: VMware Certified Professional 6.5 – Data Center Virtualization (VCP6.5-DCV). The test is NOT included in the course price.