This five-day course provides comprehensive training on how to administer a VMware NSX-T™ environment. This course covers key VMware NSX® features and functionality offered in the NSX-T 2.2 release operating across layer 2 through layer 7 of the OSI model.
Access to a software-defined data center environment is provided through hands-on labs to reinforce the skills and concepts presented in the course. This course is for experienced system or network administrators.
- Understanding of enterprise switching and routing
- Knowledge of TCP/IP services
- Experience with firewalls and firewall rule sets
- Understanding of concepts presented in the VMware Data Center Virtualization Fundamentals course
- Understanding of concepts presented in the VMware Introduction to Network Virtualization with NSX course
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Understand NSX-T key features and functionality
- Understand NSX-T architecture and component subsystems
- Identify the differences between NSX-T and the NSX-V and VMware NSX® Multi-Hypervisor™ platforms
- Deploy and configure overlay layer 2 networks
- Understand logical routing implementation and architecture enhancements
- Understand distributed firewall implementation and policy rules
- Gather relevant information from the NSX platform during troubleshooting scenarios