Palo Alto Networks® Traps™ Advanced Endpoint Protection prevents sophisticated vulnerability exploits and unknown malware-driven attacks. Traps accomplishes this through a highly scalable, lightweight agent that uses an innovative new approach for defeating attacks without requiring any prior knowledge of the threat itself. Successful completion of this two-day, instructor-led course equips the student to build a basic Traps deployment.
Students will learn how Traps protects against exploits and malware-driven attacks. In hands-on lab exercises, students will install and configure the Endpoint Security Manager (ESM) and Traps endpoint components; build rules; enable and disable process protections; and integrate Traps with Palo Alto Networks WildFire™, which provides prevention and detection of zero-day malware.
• Course level: Introductory
• Course duration: 2 days
• Course format: Combines instructor-facilitated lecture with hands-on labs
• Software version: Palo Alto Networks Traps Advanced Endpoint Protection 3.3
• Security Engineers, System Administrators, and Technical Support Engineers
• Students must have Windows system administration skills and familiarity with enterprise security concepts