The Palo Alto Networks Firewall 8.1: Optimizing Firewall Threat Prevention (EDU-214) course is four days of instructor-led training that emphasizes the PAN-OS® threat prevention capabilities. After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the cyber-attack lifecycle and recognize common forms of attack
- Describe PAN-OS® threat prevention capabilities
- Use firewall log information to make better configuration decisions
- Configure the firewall to detect, block, and record threats
Successful completion of this four-day, instructor-led course will enhance the student’s understanding of how to better configure, manage, and monitor PAN-OS® threat prevention features. The student will get hands-on experience configuring, managing, and monitoring threat prevention features in a lab environment.
• Course level: Intermediate
• Course format: Combines lecture and hands-on labs
• Platform support: Palo Alto Networks® nextgeneration enterprise firewalls running the PAN-OS® operating system
Security Engineers, Security Administrators, Security Operations Specialists, Security Analysts, Network Engineers, and Support Staff
Participants must complete the Firewall 8.1 Essentials: Configuration and Management course, or equivalent experience. Students must have a basic familiarity with networking concepts including routing, switching, and IP addressing.