The CCSM course provides an understanding of the advanced concepts and skills necessary to troubleshoot and optimize Check Point Security Gateways and Management Servers so that they run at their peak efficiency.
Supported Versions: R80.10, R80.20
This course is for technical professionals who troubleshoot, optimize, and deploy Check Point in advanced configurations with multiple Software Blades to protect environments from threats.
- General knowledge of TCP/IP
- Working knowledge of Windows and UNIX
- Working knowledge of network technology
- Working knowledge of the Internet
Goals of the course:
• Obtain a deeper knowledge of the Check Point Security Management Architecture.
• Understand management processes and debugs.
• Understand how GuiDBedit operates.
• Understand how fw monitor captures packets.
• Understand how to use the fw debug process and debug infrastructures for User mode debugging.
• Discuss how to enable and use core dumps.
• Understand how to troubleshoot and debug SmartConsole and policy installation issues.
• Understand how to troubleshoot and debug NAT.
• Understand client side and server-side NAT.
• Describe how to configure port mapping services.
• Recognize how to debug VPN-related issues.
• Understand the processes and components used for policy installation and packet processing.
• Understand how to troubleshoot and debug Application Control and URL Filtering issues.
• Understand how to debug HTTPS inspection.
• Understand how to troubleshoot and debug Content Awareness, Anti-Bot and Antivirus, and Threat Prevention software blade issues.
• Discuss how to use the IPS Bypass feature.
• Understand how to to reduce IPS false positives.
• Understand hardware and operating system performance of Security Gateways.
• Understand how to evaluate hardware performance.
• Discover tools used in monitoring CPU utilization.
• Understand how to monitor cluster status and work with critical devices.
• Recognize how to troubleshoot synchronization.
• Recognize how to work with accelerated traffic.
• Understand how to use fwaccel dbg and sim dbg.
• Understand how to configure CoreXL for performance.
• Understand how to deploy IPv6.
Please note that Check Point only offer e-kit courseware for training courses. Each delegate will be provided with an official set of e-kit courseware.