The Check Point CCSA course provides an understanding of basic concepts and skills necessary to configure Check Point Security Gateway and Management Software Blades.
(Supported Versions: R80.10, R80.20)
Target audience: Technical professionals who support, install, deploy or administer Check Point Software Blades.
Prerequisites: General knowledge of TCP/IP, working knowledge of Windows and/or UNIX, network technology and the Internet
Goal of the course:
Provide an understanding of basic concepts and skills necessary to configure Check Point Security Gateway and Management Software Blades.
• Interpret the concept of a Firewall and understand the mechanisms used for controlling network traffic.
• Describe the key elements of Check Point’s unified Security Management Architecture.
• Recognize SmartConsole features, functions and tools.
• Understand Check Point deployment options.
• Describe the basic functions of Gaia.
• Describe the essential elements of a Security Policy.
• Understand how traffic inspection takes place in a unified Security Policy.
• Summarize how administration roles and permissions assist in managing policy.
• Recall how to implement backup techniques.
• Understand the Check Point policy layer concept.
• Recognize Check Point security solutions and products and how they work to protect your network.
• Understand licensing and contract requirements for Check Point security products.
• Identify tools designed to monitor data, determine threats and recognize performance improvements.
◾ Identify tools designed to respond quickly and efficiently to changes in gateways, tunnels, remote users, traffic flow patterns, and other activities.
• Understand Site-to-Site and Remote Access VPN deployments and communities.
• Understand how to analyze and interpret VPN traffic.
• Recognize how to define users and user groups.
• Understand how to manage user access for internal and external users.
• Understand the basic concepts of ClusterXL technology and its advantages.